The holiday season can be full of joy and family fun, but for some, especially those in eating disorder recovery, the occasion can be incredibly stressful. Consider these tips from the experts at Alsana to help you respond to stressors more thoughtfully and constructively:
1. Calm down with mindfulness practices, meditation or yoga.
2. Feel and vent your feelings through journaling, therapy and talks with loved ones.
3. Practice gratitude every day and be patient with yourself.
4. Create a go-to playlist to use when things feel overwhelming.
5. Develop a schedule that creates space for self-care.