If you have a positive attitude even in time of stress and are able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, DRW has the perfect job for you!
DRW is looking for someone who wants to work for a non-profit, possesses the ability to offer reassurance to people in need, impressive time-management skills, amazing attention to detail, and strong multi-taking skills to overcome constant interruptions.
Located in the Summit Place office complex on the edge of West Allis (formerly Allis Chalmers manufacturing), the Milwaukee office has a cool industrial design and feel, with access to a cafe, pharmacy, gym, and salon. Close to two bus lines and I-94, and the parking is free. Excellent pay and benefit package to reward your awesomeness!
Application: Only applicants with a cover letter and a resume will be considered. Apply by 5:00 PM on July 20, 2020 online at http://www.disabilityrightswi.org/about/careers/. Position will remain open until filled.
Location: Milwaukee WI
Salary: $40,000 to $46,000 DOE
Diversity: DRW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse work force. Members of minority groups and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Alternative formats of this position announcement are available upon request. Materials may be submitted in alternat formats if necessary.
Job Summary: Provide office administrative operations and supervision of administrative assistant staff for the Milwaukee office. Collaborate with managers in project work. Provide backup assistance to administrative assistant tasks. Manage content and provide responses on several websites and social media pages.
1. Oversee Office Operations (70%)
• Manage day to day office needs including but not limited to: answering phone calls and handling walk-in traffic as needed; maintaining the office environment; acquiring supplies, equipment, and furnishings; assist with staff transitions and onboarding, troubleshoot issues and equipment problems; coordinate services with building management, maintenance, and vendors
• Supervise administrative assistants and ensure the quality of their work including interactions with callers and visitors
• Provide administrative support for Milwaukee office staff
2) Manage Web-based and Social Media Communications (25%)
• Create and maintain posts as directed for multiple websites, ensuring first that they meet accessibility standards
• Master techniques used to make pdf documents accessible for posting on websites; routinely evaluate
and alter pdf documents on request to meet accessibility standards
• Monitor external posts and emails received through DRW website and social media to ensure adequate and timely responses
• Work with staff to develop a media schedule for website and social media posting
3) Conduct public media outreach campaigns for Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act program (5%)
• Post announcements to social media, arrange radio/tv ads and coordinate with print media, and coordinate and arrange for language translation for media outlets, as needed
• Associate degree in Business or related field; OR comparable training and experience
• At least five years’ experience working in office administration capacity
• Experience working with diverse groups, including persons with disabilities
• Experience in a supervisory or team lead role
• Advanced computer skills; intermediate/advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and working with PDFs.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Bilingual Spanish speaking skills
• Experience uploading content and conducting monitoring of websites and/or social media
• Working knowledge of adaptive communication/web accessibility for people with disabilities
• Experience working in a non-profit or a legal office
Benefits: health, vision, dental, short- and long-term disability, 401k