The hot summer weather took a long time to arrive, but it’s finally here! Now it’s time to cool off and have some summer fun. Milwaukee Recreation offers free Cool Spots and wading pools to give children a break from the heat.
Cool Spots are for children ages 6 to 17. On days when the temperature is predicted to be 85 degrees or above, or when the City of Milwaukee calls a heat advisory, all Cool Spots will be open. Sprinklers run from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, through August 9, 2019.
Cool Spot locations:
• Benjamin Franklin School, 2308 W. Nash St.
• Carmen Playfield, 7320 W. Carmen Ave.
• Franklin Square Playfield, 2643 N. 13th St.
• Green Bay Avenue Playfield, 3818 N. 8th St.
For children age 8 and under, wading pools are a great spot for free fun.
Hours: Monday—Saturday, 10 a.m.–5 p.m., through August 24, 2019.
Wading pool locations:
• Burnham Playfield, 1755 S. 32nd St.
• Enderis Playfield, 2978 N. 72nd St.
• Holt Playfield, 1716 W. Holt Ave.
• Merrill Playfield, 461 N. 35th St.
• Modrzejewski Playfield, 1020 W. Cleveland Ave.
• Ohio Playfield, 974 W. Holt Ave.