Predestined for Purpose: Lamb of God celebrates 60th year anniversary

May 6, 2016

032

Lamb of God Missionary Baptist Church
held a 60th anniversary Gala April 30 at
the Wisconsin Club, 6200 N. Good Hope
Rd. The church was founded in 1956 as St.
Mary’s Baptist Church by the Rev. James
A. Lathan. The congregation of 12 initially
met in the basement of Pastor Lathan’s
house. The congregation outgrew several
new buildings. After much thought and
prayer, the congregation was led by the
Holy Spirit to change its name in 2009. The
church is currently led by the Rev. Christopher
R. Boston, pastor. It is located at 8415
W. Bradley Rd. Front row (left to right):
First Lady Jeanette Ivy, Guest Recording
Artist Opal Staples, First Lady Tonnie
Boston, First Lady Ernestine Wilson, First
Lady Barbara Sibley, First Lady Lorrie Walton.
Back row (left to right) Pastor Archie
L. Ivy, Pastor Mark Smith, Pastor Christopher
Boston, Pastor Robert Wilson, Pastor
Louis Sibley and Pastor John R. Walton.