RETAIL RATE POLICY
Retail advertising rates apply to a retail business, organization
or association doing business in Southeastern Wisconsin.
Position requests will be honored as makeup permits. No
section or page position can be guaranteed unless advertiser
agrees to pay a 30% premium above cost for placement of said
advertisement. No orders accepted on a position-or-omit basis.
Adjustment of errors will be made only for area of ad involved
and in proportion to lack of service to the advertiser. Advertising
placed on a no-proof basis is done at the advertiser’s
risk. Any claim for adjustment must be made within 14 days
No advertising that reflects negatively upon another advertiser
will be accepted.
All advertising is accepted, subject to the approval of the
Publisher or Director of Advertising.
The advertiser agrees to indemnify and hold the newspaper
harmless for any claims stemming from the publication of copy
submitted by the advertiser. This includes, but is not limited
to, claims for libel, invasion of privacy, plagiarism, copyright
infringement and trademark infringement. The newspaper
will not be liable for failure to publish any advertisement.
Rates can be revised within 30 days written notice.
10 REASONS TO ADVERTISE
WITH THE MILWAUKEE TIMES
• We have the largest circulation among minority-owned
newspapers in Milwaukee reaching into the African American
• We are the only minority-owned Blue Chip community
newspaper in Wisconsin.
• We have a loyal readership that responds to advertisers
• We offer balanced coverage of local, regional, national and
international news and features every week.
• We sponsor one of Milwaukee’s largest community recognition
and scholarship programs.
• We publish several focus issues annually that highlight
positive aspects of life in the African American community.
• Our target audience is professional; male and female; college-
educated; upwardly mobile, and influential.
• Our publication offers a reader-friendly format with articles
sectioned by interest – including news and editorials, arts &
entertainment, education, travel and leisure, health & fitness,
personal and business finance, food, religion & spirituality,
• We include original content written by local contributors
– “Counseling Corner,” “Being Frank,” “Bookworm Sez;” as
well as op-ed pieces on hot topics of interest and exclusive
interviews with local and national newsmakers.
• We offer marketing packages with rates to meet any promotional
budget and objective.