Benefiting organizations receive more than $32,000; contributions since program’s 1994 inception surpass $12.5 million
Thirty children’s charities from southeastern Wisconsin celebrated after Potawatomi Bingo Casino announced December 14, 2012, they raised $981,273 during the 2012 Miracle on Canal Street program. Each charity will receive $32,709.
Miracle on Canal Street is the Casino’s signature charitable program. Its mission is to improve the quality of life for children in southeastern Wisconsin. Money for the program is raised primarily through special Miracle bingo games and the generosity of Potawatomi Bingo Casino guests. The funds have been accumulating throughout the year and the 2012 total was revealed during an event in the Casino’s Nest of Life Bingo Hall.
“Every holiday season I am humbled to be a part of the Miracle on Canal Street program,” said Melanie Martin, Bingo Director at Potawatomi Bingo Casino. “It warms my heart to see these charitable organizations provide critical services and hope to younger generations.”
Twenty of those 30 benefitting charities were randomly selected immediately after the fund-raising total was announced. They include:
• Beckum-Stapleton Little League
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of Dodge County
• Center for Communication, Hearing & Deafness
• The Council on Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse of Washington County
• Discovery World Ltd.
• The Family Center of Washington County
• Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast
• HALO, Inc. (Homeless Assistance Leadership Organization)
• Images of Us (IOU) Sports
• Kenosha Symphony Association
• Milwaukee Chamber Theatre, Ltd. • Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra
• Milwaukee Youth Symphony Orchestra
• Playworks Milwaukee
• Prevention & Protection of Abused Children, Inc.
• Rosalie Manor Community & Family Services
• St. Vincent de Paul Society
• Team Up! with Families, Inc
• Waukesha County Community Dental Clinic
• Wheaton Franciscan-St. Joseph Foundation
Ten signature charities were announced by Potawatomi Bingo Casino in August after they were chosen by the program’s media partners. Those charities and their media partners include:
• Adoption Resources of Wisconsin – presented by Lamar Outdoor
• Betty Brinn Children’s Museum – presented by Entercom Radio
• Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee – presented by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
• Boys and Girls Clubs of Washington County – presented by Clear Channel Media + Entertainment
• Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin – presented by Clear Channel Outdoor
• Make-A-Wish Wisconsin – presented by WITI FOX 6
• Milwaukee Bicycle Collective – presented by On- Milwaukee.com
• Penfield Children’s Center – presented by Milwaukee Radio Group
• Pathfinders – presented by WISN TV 12
• Special Olympics Wisconsin – presented by Journal Broadcast Group.